Home

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

On the needles

It's been a while since I did a knitting update. I think I'll go over the past few projects just to bore my readers, as few as they are.

Not my actual husband.
Émilien by Ariane Caron-Lacoste: I made this one for Chris in Valley Yarns Northampton, which made the whole get-up attractively affordable to knit. He chose the pattern himself, and apparently stuck the colors of the image shown here.
The sleeves were wonky as all get-out after knitting them up as per the pattern. My pattern notes show my mods, but boy, were they large. They continue to be large to this day, but notably smaller than they were. I think apart from that one mod, I didn't change much. I think I added pockets in as well, and those were improvised if I remember correctly.
I was happy with the project overall, and was grateful for the occasional striping. It was otherwise pretty boring. The buttonband was a bitch though, and I swear to you, I sewed it on about 4 times before being comfortable with the appearance. 
Chris walks to work every day, as we live literally across the street from his workplace. This cardigan (with pockets!) makes for a very comfy walk over to the pharmacy. 
Cross-stitch cowl
Cross-stitch Cowl improvised: I bought three skeins of Misti Alpaca Handpaint Chunky in this color. I couldn't help myself. It was too noms. I had intentions of doing something more clever than this with it, but the colors were just too much. I decided to improvise a large cowl that is knit in the round. It's still not done. I'm not sure it ever will be done. I plug away at it in between other larger projects, and if I need some mindless knitting.
Lister Block Cowl by Adrienne C.  My first experience with Madelinetosh. What a wonderful, wonderful yarn to
knit with. I made this one-skein cowl for my sister, since she accidentally washed her alpaca one that I made for her a year or so ago. Upgraded her to superwash, and she seems to be enjoying it. It was a nice quick project with just a small amount of luxury yarn.
There've been some small projects in between, but these are the ones that show up in my projects that I think are worth commenting on. I bought way more yarn than I knit with this winter... what else is new.

No comments: