Home

Friday, September 6, 2013

Got Garbanzo Beans?

A lot of folks seem to completely overlook beans in their diets. It's probably because they can take so painfully long to prepare... soak them, cook them, combine them with other things... it can be a little time consuming.

Luckily, I've got time. I soak and cook my chickpeas and then can them. I'm pretty sure you could maybe freeze them or put them in the fridge in some water and use them later in the week.

This is one of the best ideas for straight-up chickpeas (or garbanzo beans) that I've come across, compliments of My Sister's Kitchen. Sure, I'm a sucker for good hummus and pita, but these baked chickpeas make for a wonderful snack, especially when you get that 3pm craving going on at the office.

Less than a handful of these will have you ready to wait for a late dinner - they're very filling! I've tried garlic roasted chickpeas, honey-roasted, and a few others. 

Try it, but don't be surprised if they all disappear quickly!

Oh, and might I suggest you get a bag of dried chickpeas at the store and soak/cook them? It's much cheaper, and much healthier for you this way, but I can definitely understand the allure of canned chickpeas. Much easier!

No comments: