Home

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Best set of slippers ever!

I have no idea how long ago I discovered this pattern, but I have used it over and over and over again since I bought it. It's perfect for gifting, and it never fails to please.

These "clogs" are also incredibly functional. I got two cold seasons out of my last pair. My husband even requested a pair a couple of years ago and they're still in service. I work at home, so in the winter, I'm in them all day. They keep my feet nice and warm, and I have virtually no complaints about this fabulous pattern.

They're very popular on Ravelry as well. It looks like there are well over 9,000 projects for these clogs, and with good reason. Many folks rave about the ingenius design and functionality.

They knit up in about a day or two, depending on how much time you give them. My newest pair for this winter season were knit in two days using scrap Eco+ wool. They're felted too, which makes them even cozier and more wonderful.

I kind of wish I could put some solid soles on them and use them outside, for longer use. I already wear them outside to get the mail and things like that, but without a solid sole, they wear a little more quickly.

If you're a knitter, give this pattern a go. $8 is a lot of money for a pattern, but I assure you, I've gotten my $8 worth. Maybe you will too.

If you're not a knitter, find someone who knits and get a pair of these made up! They're worth every little bit of wool that goes into making them.

No comments: