Home

Thursday, August 2, 2012

On the needles: Aidez

It's been a while since I've mentioned anything about what I've been knitting. Summer is a big slowdown in the world of yarn craft for me, as I usually gravitate more towards reading by a lake or talking with friends. It doesn't help that there's hardly been any rain in western Massachusetts and as hot as blazes!

I fell in love with the Aidez pattern a while ago. When WEBS had their annual tent sale in late spring, I went for the Valley Yarns Northampton Bulky in merlot heather for this project.

Because of the gauge of the yarn, this project has been a breeze. I've already completed the back, the right side, and am presently working on the left side. It knits up super-quick, and the repeats are really easy to remember. I love the trellis and the cable work on this cardi, too.

My only regret is that it seems not to be something you can close too easily; there's no closure, so I guess it's supposed to stay open most of the time. We'll see how much I like that once it's done. I may add something in the way of a button band of a clasp or two someplace.

If you're looking for something fun, quick, and pretty, look no further. This is one hell of a fun project, and I'm still not sick of it. There's very little complicated technique to this cardigan, which means even an idiot like me can do it. Don't be intimidated by the look of the work - it's not that hard to do!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

It's beautiful! I am very impressed. I'd love to make one for myself since I've been looking to make something special.

Beegirl said...

Beautiful! I would love to try a sweater, but am afraid to move past scarves and gloves..sigh..