Home

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Headlong into Summer

From the beginning of May until just before our (busy) weekend, I've been working a lot more than I usually do. Everyone went to a conference 3,000 miles away, and I was left with a lot of place-filling in their collective absences. I was working 10-hour workdays for a while there.

But finally, I've got some free time at the end of my work days, and I can catch this space up with all the wonderful things we've been doing around here.

I'll start with today, since it's here! This morning, we had our original picture window replaced in the living room. When I say "original," I mean 1953. Sometime in the 60's, the owners put in an exterior storm window, but it looked like crap in 2012.

The folks who installed it only spent about 2 hours prying out the old window and popping the new one in. The foreman, Mark, even finished off all of the trim for all three windows, not just the picture window. It looks like it's a whole new set of windows for the front!

One project at a time, this house is really starting to shape up. We're considering finishing the basement, pouring a new concrete patio, renovating the breezeway and possibly landscaping the backyard in a manner that isn't stress-inducing every time we set foot on the patio!

We've definitely kept busy with graduations, spring cleaning, spring clean-up in the yard, and getting the garden going.

How have you all been holding up this season?

1 comment:

Kate! said...

I hear being busy with work! Glad it's easing up...

I'm so excited for this weekend! I've planned to do a whole lot of nothing! So excited!