Home

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hiatus

Hi y'all. I've been absent, but there's a reason.

My maternal grandmother passed this past Friday, on my 30th birthday. Her passing followed Chris's paternal grandfather passing just 2 weeks prior. The beginning of our year has been tough.

I'm just fine, but I'm trying my best to fill in as support for my mother. All but one of her three brothers have passed, and the one remaining isn't very close with my mother. Mom's father passed when she was a teenager, so Mom is pretty alone with her grief.

While we take the time to go through the motions, I urge you to try some of these recipes. Happy cooking!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Danielle,

I'm so sorry for your loss and your mother's. Losing your grandmother, and your mom losing her mother, is very difficult. Believe me, you are doing the best thing by being with her, being a comfort, and being helpful.

I'm sorry that your husband has lost his grandfather. Two losses so close together is a lot of emotion to deal with. My only advice is to be there for each other. It helps to know you've got that love and support.

Many warm and comforting thoughts to you and your family.

Michelle said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you find a way to celebrate their lives in a special way. I've started collecting fushias - I remember my grandmother having a lot of them, now everyday I see them and their lovely flowers always make me smile and I remember her.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

yumi said...

Hi Danielle,

I offer my sincere condolences for your loss and your mother's. I went through the same thing couple years ago and it's rough. I don't know how close you were to your grandmother, but I hope the pleasant memories and love you have for her will help you through this difficult time.