Home

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Distance is a matter of perspective

I haven't been around much lately, I know. Here and I thought it was a summer thing, ha ha!

The Sweetie "helping" while I'm "at work."
In all honesty, things have changed a little bit in my routines, which lends reason to why I've been absent...hopefully.

I recently axed a 25+ minute commute one way to my office and moved everything into my home office. Thank goodness, too; road rage was getting really bad for me. Now, there's no more ridiculous gasoline budget! Chris never thought I could beat his commute - he works at the corner of a major intersection, about a five minute walk from our front door. We don't have to drive anywhere during the week now!

The transition took a lot out of me. My boss, who happens to be my father (family business!), relied on me to do a lot of the logistical solutions of separating the office into each of our homes. I had to learn about cloud computing, I had to figure out how to deal with the mail, I had to think about a lot of solutions to some very silly problems.

For the past 2 weeks or so, we've been working in our respective homes and getting a good system into place. It's wonderful, and I never thought it would be as easy as it is! I do, however, find myself working about twice as hard as I did in the office. I can't help but to check my emails and the voice mail late in the evening after supper...

A fun, quick project I started... click for info!
While I was gone, this space wasn't the only thing that got neglected. My knitting has taken a real hit, and at this time of year, that's not a very positive thing. I'm trying to catch up with all my enjoyable routines, but I'll be honest: it's Christmas season, which means even more things to think about!

I'm not even sure what I've got lined up for Christmas knitting this year. We've got babies coming in the family, which I make excuses for. I've also found another reason to browse Etsy for gifts this year...

I hope that all you American readers had a lovely Thanksgiving holiday, and that all of you are ready for the giving season! Thanks for coming back and sticking with me after all these silly life breaks~

2 comments:

Reno carpet cleaning said...

Your post is awesome. That is a wonderful insight on the subject and I would like to thank you for sharing. I shall be back soon.

Felony DUI said...

I can take the distance. I can take the miles.