Home

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Autumn: a second spring when every leaf is a flower

Hi! I'm back! I have so much to share with you all! Luckily, the summer is winding down and all the fall events are starting, which means the oven is starting to warm up the kitchen again and the days are getting shorter.

I've been so busy, but I wanted to drop by and sweep up the place. With the new season and more time to work at my desk, I thought I should freshen up what I could here.

I'll be honest: I have no sense of style or beauty. The new banner was something I settled on after hours of playing with letters and images that I drew on a scrap piece of paper at the office. The heart seemed appropriately New England, so I threw it in there. If you hate the new look, I apologize. I'd rather spend time writing about everything than to tweak it much more, so you're going to have to suck it up for now!

We've had an addition to the family (though not in human form so don't get too excited Mom), I've found about a million different awesome things since the end of summer and fixed up/reclaimed more than half of it, and my garden was neglected way too much this summer. Really though I feel as though this can be excused this year. We've been away almost every weekend this summer, and boy does the bank account show for it!

I'm looking forward to getting back to a schedule here as the days get colder and darker. I hope you all had a fabulous summer!

No comments: