Home

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Catching Up

I know I haven't been around much this summer. I'm really sorry. I think most of us tend to spend our more precious summer days away from our computers and with the weather, family, and friends.

To give you an idea of how busy we've been, let's just say every weekend has been booked up for months now. We thought things would slow down when we got back from the road trip but we were wrong. Weddings, celebrations, end of summer parties, family coming to town... I hate to say I'm looking forward to fall, but really, I am.

I'm actually really looking forward to fall. The tomato crop this summer was less than stellar. I got 2 very large stainless steel bowls full of tomatoes, but only 2 batches of decent sauce. One batch jarred nicely, but the other batch will get consumed this week, I'm sure. It doesn't stand a chance with Chris constantly picking at it.

We had cucumbers come in this year too, but more on that another time! I just want you all to know that I'm still knitting, I'm still cooking, I'm still adventuring. Now that the summer is winding down, I'll get more of a chance to share it all with you!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Welcome back from your road trip - I'm looking forward to hearing more about it (on your other blog!).