Home

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Wedding Day

I'd like to interrupt the long silence here to announce that we were married today in our very own back yard with only us, one friend, and a JP to witness it. I made a fool of myself with the JP being all unprepared, which is so unlike me.

We had a big party last night with plenty of alcohol and friends, and we'll continue tonight with family. There hasn't been much on this front because we've been planning everything last-minute. I didn't want a big thing, but it kind of turned out that way anyhow, and I'm okay with that.

I also resolved the name problem. I am dropping my middle name, which has no real sentimental value to me (it's the name of my uncle's ex-wife), and taking my maiden name as my middle name, and Chris's as my last. I also plan to get a tattoo of my family name with a bumblebee, as my last name in French means bumblebee.

I'm trying not to make a big deal out of this, but it's not easy. I guess I'll try to let go and enjoy.

Hope you all are having a great summer! I'll be back soon when summer plans calm down, especially now that the hard stuff is out of the way!

6 comments:

g+m said...

Congrats.

I like the idea of the bee tattoo a lot.

Michelle said...

Congratulations!

knitinsage said...

well, lovely sassafras, it IS a BIT of a big deal ;-), and i am so happy for you! i can't wait to see pictures.

best wishes to you, and congratulations to your lucky groom.

have fun getting used to referring to chris as your husband! ;-)

fondest regards, elise

ps -- i did the same thing with my name, as did all of my great-grandmothers, grandmothers and my mom. traditional, AND handy! e.

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations!! Your wedding sounds so sweet. Enjoy your summer as a newly married person :-)

Gwen said...

Congrats! You are such an amazing woman. I am really looking forward to watching your blog as you head into marriage and eventually starting a family. I am so very happy for you and Chris.

Made by Hand on Planet Earth said...

Hey! Congratulations! Get that bee tatt. We always like the idea of getting tatts on our ring fingers in lieu of rings, but it never happened. I never wear my ring any more, unless we go out. The garden is simply too hard on it. I like your name solution. Enjoy your honeymoon summer!