Home

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Yarn Weekend!

One of my favorite weekends of the year is coming! It's the WEBS 9th annual tent sale in Northampton, MA! Just thinking about this sale gets me giddy. My mother will very likely be accompanying me this year, and Chris has begrudgingly decided to come too, though I kind of encouraged him to stay home and play video games, as he will not be too happy watching me shriek over soft, warm, comfy yarns with Mom. He probably won't be looking forward to how much I plan to spend, either.

Are any of you planning on hitting up WEBS this weekend? Not sure how many of you are local enough for it.

In case you didn't know, WEBS owns yarn.com, and they extent their anniversary sale to the site between April 1 and May 31 on some things, so you can probably cash in even if you're not so close!

Do you folks have any sales you wait for all year? Any favorite yarn shops to patronize?

2 comments:

knitinsage said...

can you see the green cloud of jealousy rising in the west? ;-)
i love webs!

sounds like fun!

i have three local stores where i fondle yarn -- try to shop their sales, too.

can't wait to see what you get!

Michelle said...

What a coincidence - tomorrow is the 'Celebration of Wool' day at a market here in Canberra! Lots of wool and yarn dealers coming together for fibre lovers to swoon over! www.obdm.com.au

Hope you find some great bargains. I'll be looking for wool to felt with (and maybe some knitting yarn...!).