Home

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ravelry Round-Up

It's been a while since I did one of these, but I've been staring at Ravelry eye candy quietly into the late hours. As usual, all links are of the Ravelry nature. Have you signed up yet? You should!


Kristinnitsirk's Koftan Stig
 photo © kristinnitsirk
Isn't this beautiful? It uses Kauni Wool, which makes me swoon almost every time. It looks like she used the base pattern from a mitten, and engineered her own cardigan. I wish I was a tiny person so I could pull off something so adorable. I love the feminine curve of the front down at the bottom cuff. The pockets add evidence of diligence and patience. This was seemingly knit from the top down, and I couldn't love it more if I tried!


Ágnes Kutas-Keresztes's Milano
Photo © Ágnes Kutas-Keresztes
What I like most about this is the simplicity of the yoke. It's so happy and organic looking! And look at those quarter sleeves with the detail in the cuff! My only worry about making this would be the boat neck. I guess it would show off the collar bone of a smaller, more feminine woman than myself!


Vonnie by Kendra Nitta
Photo © 2011 Kendra Nitta for missknitta's studio

There was a give away for this pattern on the KnitPicks blog to celebrate their 1,000th IDP pattern. I love the vertical ribbing at the sides and the v-neck. I'm sure this fit would flatter most women! I'm pretty sure I'll give this one a go sooner than later!



Odin (Óðinn) by Ragnheiður Eiríksdóttir
Photo © Raggaknits
I'm biased. I think this would look divine on Chris. Apparently, he agrees! My mother will be knitting this for him for the holiday season, but I like to stare at it. I've always had a love for Icelandic knits. The cuff and waistband really drew me to this pattern. Chris will have it done in the same colors shown in the pattern, but I think it would be lovely in any colors!


Vanilla Shrug by Bernadette Ambergen
Photo © Berniolie
I look at this shrug and I can almost feel it. I think it's the color that makes me feel warm and happy, but my goodness, does this look beautiful. I'm not sure how practical this shrug would be on a person like myself (like so many things), but on one you smaller ladies, this would look devastatingly handsome draped around you. I love it. And I may just try to make it sometime. Did I mention this is crocheted? It's not every day that I find something so lovely that's crocheted!

That's it for today!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

This comment is a wee bit late, but I had to say I am in LOVE with that shrug. How beautiful.