Home

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Garland

When Chris and I went to Sebago Lake at the end of the season last year, I realized that stopping and looking at the most natural things make me feel better about the world I live in.

The greatest cure for the overwhelming things in society, on the news, and sometimes in our own community seems to be observing the glory of nature. There's nothing I enjoy more than waking up and seeing what's happening in the yard, in the garden, or in the neighborhood. Spring is the most exciting and surprising time of the year, so I decided that I would finally put an idea I had at Sebago to use.
I decided to take some of both Chris's and my photos and try to strip them down to a raw format to digest. I don't process any of these photos - I only crop them to highlight colors or beautiful things that make me feel better. This new blog will be entirely photos, hopefully one a day until I get sick of it. I will continue to write here, though.

Chris takes some astoundingly gorgeous pictures that floor me sometimes, and I'm a sucker for a photo rich in color. I hope you decide to follow us as we try to capture those little moments outdoors that make you feel okay inside. Maybe on a bad day, you too can feel what I feel when I look at pictures from what's outside our front doors.

1 comment:

Will said...

I, Garland, will KNOCK YOU ALL DOWN!