Home

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ravelry Round-Up

Another day of favorites at Ravelry!



The Callisto Infinity Scarf by Kat Kaplan
Photo © kaaatija

I'm still not entirely clear on what a "hipster" is, but I certainly hope I'm not considered one after favoriting this scarf. I love the raggedy, scruffy, worn look this cowl gives off. I'm not a clean-line, minimalist kind of person. The more potential for texture, color and a worn look, the better! This cowl (it looks more like a cowl than a scarf) seems like it has all the makings for the perfect raggedy look! (I hope that's not insulting in any way to Ms Kaplan)


The Myrtle Cardigan by Snowden Becker
Photo © TT820

Okay, so, I love this. It looks good in so many of the colors that people have chosen to knit it in, too! I love the neckline, the delicate button band, and the lace pattern. Love it! Sadly, I can't imagine this ever being very flattering on a person of my peculiar shape, but maybe it would look fantastic on one of you folks! Stunning all around.


Bettna by Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton
Photo © kattom
I actually have the pattern book for this at home from when I did my Lotorp bag, which I was never very pleased with. The bag that is, not the book. This comfy-looking kick-around sweater would probably require more Noro than I will ever own at one time in my life to be knit in my size, but I'm such a sucker for color (and Noro) that I probably will do this one someday. The blessing is you could probably switch up multiple skeins of Noro and have a very colorful sweater! It looks super comfy, so naturally, I'll likely give this a whirl someday, despite all the other sweater jacket things I own at this point.


The African Flower Cushion based on the African Flower Hexagon
by Lounette Fourie & Anita Rossouw

Photo
© rettgrayson

Maybe I am a complete spazz to have fallen in love with something so psychedelic and bold.I don't usually like things this extravagant. The colors of this cushion are so vibrant and alive, particularly how they're arranged, it's like an acid trip in and of itself! I actually assessed the yarns used in rettgrayson's cushion and matched them up with KnitPick's palette yarn to save costs. I plan to make this, no matter how harsh (or pleasant?) on the eyes it is.


Jersey with a Soft Bow by Just Call Me Ruby (Susan Crawford)
Photo © Arbour House Publishing

Can we say Joan Harris? Holy cow, if only all of our boobs looked that great in a sweater like this! I'd love to see Christina Hendricks in this kind of top on Mad Men, but for now, I'll be pleased to see the resurgence of older fashions return to the knit world. I'm not a fan of the steam punk style, or even this modern 50s trend that's become so popular, but I love this sweater. It certainly enhances the feminine figure, while not being revealing or obvious at all. The whole book, A Stitch In Time, Knitting and Crochet Patterns, 1920-1949 Vol. 1 seems be to be chock full of great vintage patterns that should flatter the modern figure.

That's it for now! Hope you enjoyed the yarn eye candy as much as I did!

No comments: