Home

Monday, November 29, 2010

Giving Thanks

For the first time in my 28 years, I made Thanksgiving dinner for my family - all four of us. My mother does her own thing on Black Friday, but for Thanksgiving proper, I decided to have a go of it.

We did a small deep fried turkey, which I would highly recommend to anyone who doesn't enjoy slaving over a stove all day. We did up a pot roast, rosemary red roasted potatoes, and a whole bunch more. Chris was happy to watch the turkey out in the driveway for a whole 45 minutes.


It felt odd to set up a large table in my living room that only a year ago was wet with painted walls. We've come so far in a year, you can hardly even recognize this place. We still have mismatched furniture and mismatched plates, but that adds to the charm if you ask me.

Not to sound cliché, but I really am so grateful for our home and each other this year... probably more than any other year I can remember. I get a little misty-eyed just thinking about it all.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Aww. So pretty.

I'm hoping those are pictures of your actual table, and not stock photography.

Sassafrass said...

Yeah, they're both pictures from our home. :)