Home

Sunday, November 7, 2010

First Annual Fiber Festival of New England

I would have loved to have gone to Rhinebeck a couple of weekends back, but it was just too far for us to go with so many things for us to do in the small amount of time that has become our weekends.

While we were at the Big E this fall, a woman told me about the first ever fiber festival coming up on the Big E fair grounds. Chris promised we could go, what a trooper.

$5 to park and $5 admission was a small price to pay for a few hours of staring at some of the most lovely north east yarns. There were sheep, alpacas, angora rabbits, and all the yarn candy you can stare at. There were also a lot of things for spinners, if you're into that kind of thing. Sadly, I have no room for a spinning habit on top of this yarn habit.

I came home with some hand brushed mohair yarns from Dorchester Farms (which doesn't seem to have a functioning webpage) and a skein of Kauni Strikkefasthed. I spent maybe $30-40 total - what restraint!

There was also a woman there selling some beautiful knit Christmas stockings, but no patterns. I've been looking for a great knit Christmas stocking pattern, and she had exactly what I was looking for! What a burn. It doesn't carry the same meaning if I should buy them made by someone else, so I'm hoping she'll make patterns available at some point. She designed these stockings with graph paper herself - they're so wonderful. I'll definitely be going back next year!

No comments: