Home

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cravings

I've had a lot of hankerings lately.

I crave taking off to the north country just for a weekend, but I can never seem to get away. I crave knitting a beautiful, warm sweater that will last forever and keep whoever receives it very warm. I crave not having to commute 20 miles at rush hour in a truck with grinding brakes. I crave seeing more Christmas lights on houses, even though it's not even Thanksgiving yet (a craving that is truly a guilty pleasure!) I crave my house to magically become the cleanest house for miles. I crave the the snow.

Most of all, I crave sitting by a fire, sip hot oolong tea, hold Chris's hand, and not do anything for days. It seems to be the only way I imagine getting through the darkness of winter.

What are you craving these days?

3 comments:

Laura Crowell said...

I'm currently craving cheesy garlic bread and hot chocolate simultaneously...

and those giant 1" snowflake clusters. as in snow, not some food product. I had this song playing on my way home that is just the magical soundtrack to giant snow flurries. WANT!

Sassafrass said...

I'm not too sure how well cheesy garlic bread and hot chocolate mix. I think you should try them both immediately and report back. For science.

knitinsage said...

oh, what a beautiful photo! craving coziness like that!