Home

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Smashed Pumpkins

Dear hooligans:

You hit the vehicles of more than 15 residents in the neighborhood last night, and I've got a few things to say to you.

Find a different prank. I know that you all get some hearty laughs from destroying what other people have worked hard for, but could you at least tone it down to smashing the pumpkins on the pavement like normal kids? Or even egging my car if you feel like you really have to. Hell, you can take my pumpkins off of my front doorstep and smash them on my walkway if it means you won't cause damage to my vehicle.

Now, I have to pay a deductible to get the body damage fixed on my car. You unsuccessfully hit my back window after successfully breaking my neighbor's back window entirely. My entire tail light is blown out and you punched a nasty dent into the corner and back of my truck. You blew my neighbor's rear window out and left a nasty dent in her car, too. Do you realize how much damage you caused to our vehicles alone? I can't even imagine what happened to the other 14 houses that reported damage thus far. The number has probably grown as people realize what happened to their cars.

How would you like it if someone trashed your car? If you had to work to pay for deductible for the damage someone else did?

You scared the neighbors, you've pissed us off, and you've shown no respect for your neighbors.

Sincerely,

A Resident

2 comments:

ImplausibleYarn said...

That's terrible!! Did anybody get license plate numbers? Or a picture?! Or something?!

Sassafrass said...

Oh man, the police are a whole different story.

But yeah, after I reported the incident, they mentioned that someone had witnessed it and they had some leads. My fingers are crossed!