Home

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Knit Christmas Stocking Tradition

When I was a little girl, my mother had knit us Christmas stockings. Actually, I'm not sure if they were knit or embroidered. Either way, they've sadly been lost to the ages, not by my choosing.

Inspired by my mother, I want to make our own Christmas stockings, special for the family we hope to have, each stocking with our name knit into the top and a lovely Christmas theme knit in the body.

I've looked exhaustively for customizable patterns for these kinds of things, but I've failed to find any that I would consider "family heirloom" quality. I think I may have to consider making my own pattern and going with it.

Do you have any holiday knitting traditions? Any quirky things you do or make for the holidays every year without fail?

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

What cute stocking patterns! I bet you'd find more than a few patterns that you'd like in AllFreeKnitting's free eBook 5 Knit Christmas Stocking Patterns.

You can view it for free here: http://www.allfreeknitting.com/ChristmasKnits/5-Knit-Christmas-Stocking-Patterns-eBook

Happy Knitting!

Sassafrass said...

Hi Caitlin! Thanks for the link, I'll be sure to check it out!