Home

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The things we found at the Brimfield Fair

This past Sunday, we went to the Brimfield Fair, which isn't a fair at all, but more like a giant antique show that people who love Antiques Roadshow would get excited about.

I'm not usually the type to be enthusiastic about these kinds of shows, but it's really kind of fun in the fall to go look at old stuff. Admittedly, there's a lot of what I perceive to be just old junk, but judging from the prices, someone out there finds remarkable value in it.

Sometimes though, you find cool stuff that you'd like to take home at the right price. Which is why I came home with 2 new daisy pins and an antique radio. I'll let the photos do the talking.

The corkscrew you see here was around $30, if I remember correctly.


This clock was so beautiful. Too bad it was worth a fortune, despite missing some key pieces.


I wish Chris had gotten a better shot of this. I fell in love at first sight. I was drawn to it. It was so heavy. Alas, I have no proper place for a lovely piece like this :(


There was a booth that had every kind of pyrex you can imagine. I loved the daisy set you see here. 4 nesting bowls for $65. I wish I could have afforded such a luxury on whim.


More of said Pyrex booth, although this may be a different one. Look at these fantastic things! I wonder if I could piece together a set using consignment shops for cheaper...


Chris really liked these. Please excuse the strange man staring at my pseudo-husband. These were very "steam punk," as Chris put it: sculptures of animals using small parts of machinery. Creative, clever, and interesting to look at.


The creator called this one of her "Alice pot" lamps. I guess she's had offers from Anthropology. The lamp bit is cut off in the photo, but I assure you, it was beautifully done.


I chuckled at the stone jack-o-lantern


We both found this picture terrifyingly creepy...


What you don't see here is my reaction when I see all of these radios. Chris did catch it on camera, but I won't show you. It involves sad frowns of "why can't I earn more?"

So that's our day at the antique show. We had a lot of fun, even though we didn't return home with too much.

No comments: